Sunday, May 17, 2009

A $2 Lamp Shade









I love thrifting and often go into the local Salvo's store here to see what's about. Last week I went in and saw this lamp shade. Should have taken a before photo but forgot. It had a burn mark in it, so the guy there said I could have it for $2.00. What a bargain!!! Spotlight had 20% off, so off to Spotlight I went in search of some fabrics that will tie in with the colour scheme for my lounge / dining area. I have a brown couch so deceided to go with Black, Beige and Brown colour ways. The lamp base was also a bargain. Reduced at Target, down to $4.10. So all up the lamp finished cost $22.35. I used gigham ribbon to cover up where the fabrics meet. It still needs something around the top. Maybe some wider ribbon? What do you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment