Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Daughter's Room







So I have now finished my daughter's room. Over all I am really happy how her room has turned out. It has a vintage feel. I got the fabric for her blind frilled pelmet, bed skirt, and the flags and lamp shade at Spotlight and they all match in together, they were all $5.00 a meter. The doona cover I purchased matches in with the Spotlight fabric perfectly. I couldn't have matched it up better if I tried. I would have loved using fabric by Heather Bailey but was not sure how it would turn out, plus my daughter really wanted all pink.



I made the butterfly canvas above her bed and covered the butterflies with different fabrics. The cupcake prints are by Suzie Crooke a Australian artist.



Her bed was just $20.00 for the local second hand shop. The mirror was $5.00, the bedside table was FREE, yes FREE!!! (although it was in a pretty bad state), but nothing a lick of paint couldn't fix!! The dressing table was $25.00 (I think.....) So of course they all did not match, but with some white paint, a bit of a sand to make them look shabby chic, and it brings all the furniture in the room together. Changing the handles on the dresser and bedside table also makes a big difference to the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment